Floyd Mayweather surrendered in a Vegas courtoom on Friday to begin a three-month jail sentence for attacking his ex-girlfriend last year, while two of his children watched.
The unbeaten and reigning WBC welterwight fighter was accompanied by rap superstar 50 Cent, who said the boxer would be ‘all right’ as the boxer was booked into the Clark County Detention Center in Nevada.
‘’Everyone has a different version of the same story,’’ said 50 Cent.
‘’It’s no different than anyone going through a divorce and how your friends can become your vested enermies,’’ added the rapper.
Mayweather was sentenced last December after pleading guilty to attacking his ex-girlfriend, Josie Harris in 2010, but was granted a delay by the judge in order to allow him to fight Miguel Cotto on May 5.
The 35-year-old will be confined to a cell consisting of a toilet, sink, bed and desk, with a window allowing direct sunlight. He is allowed two magazines or books in his room, and will be fed three meals per day – with breaking starting at 4am.
Mayweather has also been issued a standard dark blue prison garb and slippers and will be kept apart from the jail’s general population of more than 3,000 other inmates.
After serving his sentence, it is understood that Mayweather will look to secure a long-mooted fight with rival Manny Pacquaio.
Floyd Mayweather And 50 Cent Fly Into Puerto Rico 'Hangover' Style...
50 Cent and Floyd Mayweather jet in Puerto Rico for boxing press conference. (Photo credit: Photopress PR / Splash News)